Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What We Have To Apologize For

As I've gotten older, I've noticed a growing trend among the Baby Boomer generation to become increasingly apologetic for the state of the world that they are leaving to my generation. Whether they're saying “It's really our fault that climate change is happening because we all blindly guzzled down oil without thinking of the consequences, and now it's up to you to fix it. I'm sorry” or “We just put too much trust into our government and the stock market and now everything has fallen apart and now you can't find a job and I'm sorry,” one thing is certain – they feel bad that they left a lot of shit for us to take care of. And this makes me think – what are we going to have to apologize to our children for 20-25 years down the line, once we screw things up even further? This is an especially interesting question for me because I firmly believe that in the next 10-15 years Earth will be overtaken by really huge aliens, and in this scenario I don't believe the aliens will kill us, but will instead completely oppress us and use us as slaves to do their bidding. So, in 25 years time when humans become nothing more than alien sex toys, I'll have to be like “Sorry kids, we really dropped the ball on that one.”

1 comment:

  1. If the baby boomer generation sent me that glittery "I'm sorry" photo, I would be compelled to forgive them.

    ReplyDelete