Monday, July 19, 2010

I'll save my breath

And now time for some Jean Luc Godard quotes:

♦ All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl.

I don't think you should feel about a film. You should feel about a woman, not a movie. You can't kiss a movie.

To be or not to be. That's not really a question.

I pity the French Cinema because it has no money. I pity the American Cinema because it has no ideas

To me style is just the outside of content, and content the inside of style, like the outside and the inside of the human body. Both go together, they can't be separated.

Art attracts us only by what it reveals of our most secret self.

Aaaand, my favorite:

♦ Your camera movements are ugly because your subjects are bad, your casts act badly because your dialogue is worthless; in a word, you don’t know how to create cinema because you no longer even know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment