Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'd Rather

So has anyone heard that song that goes "I love having sex, but I rather get some head!" Y'know, great party song and everything, but I'm not sure what it's called... wait, what am I talking about, I have the interent - here it is, "I'd Rather" by Three 6 Mafia:



So anyway, as I was saying, it's got a great party vibe, but when listening to it, a thought struck me: this song isn't very God-friendly. Like, for example, no church would be able to play this as interim music before starting services. And what about impressionable children? Is it our youth ministers' responsibility to explain to kids what 'getting head' means? Of course not. I don't imagine that there is any doubt in anyone's mind that this is a problem. However, I have a simple and elegant solution - we'll get someone to edit the song to instead say "I love having sex, but I'd rather get wed (first)." Of course, we would get Three 6 Mafia's consent first, and I'm sure they would comply because I don't think that's a message that anyone would argue with.

Even better, it's great for when churches throw their annual hormone-fueled middle school dances. It's sometimes hard to find dance-worthy Christian rock, but now the priest-DJ could just pop the edited version of this song on, and all the kids will go crazy bumping and grinding to it - and that's ok because it's God-approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment